Something really important to me is reducing a negative impact on the earth. I try my best to treat Mumma nature as if she were the most magical home….because she is.
Some ways that I try to look after the earth include;
- picking up rubbish when I see it
- not allowing my children to have plastic toys
- not buying plastic
- eating a vegan diet that consists of local, sustainable and seasonal produce
- not supporting brands that are considered “Giants” and unethical (Nestle and MacDonalds etc)
- buying plants, linen and biodegradable things
- turning off taps, electricity switches and lights
- using carry bags, my own cups and bamboo straws
- fixing my things rather than replacing them
- when babies were little we used cloth nappies
- donate things to the salvos or re gift things we don't use or need
- use biodegradable bin liners
- invest in a good drink bottle and coffee keep cup
However, it isn't always easy to be environmentally conscious and I find that we do produce quite a lot of waste.
It’s hard to be organised enough to shop at the bulk food stores, though I know once we move I can get into a better routine.
And my hope is to visit farmers markets more regularly, planning our meals once we have shopped so that we can eat a little more seasonally.
It is important to me to live a life that is cruelty free, and a positive if any impact on the environment. Being prepared and in a routine will be key for me this year, so that I can produce minimal waste and feel good about my purchasing power.
“Every dollar you spend is a vote for the type of world you want to live in.”